Yummm, with the holiday season right around the corner, these Pumpkin Muffins are just what the dr ordered :) I admit I have a sweet tooth and that's why I'm always on the look out for healthy recipes to satisfy my cravings. Being on the vegan Kickstart diet really helped me get a perspective on how much sweet stuff or just junk that Americans really eat. Although there are vegan muffin recipes, this recipe isn't vegan but it is a healthier alternative to other holiday pastries.

Gather the little ones (or teens in my case), bake and enjoy! =D

Herbal Legacy Recipes
PUMPKIN MUFFINS

INGREDIENTS:
• 2/3 C. honey
• 3 C. whole wheat flour
• 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
• 1/2 tsp. ginger
• 2 tsp. baking powder
• 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
• 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
• 1/4 tsp. cloves
• 1 1/4 C. water
• 2/3 C. vegetable oil (can use olive)
• 2 T. soy milk
• 2 C. pumpkin
• 1 C. carob chips

DIRECTIONS:
1. Mix all ingredients together except carob chips.
2. When all ingredients are mixed well, fold in carob chips.
3. Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes

Yields 24 muffins

Comments

Popular Posts