Seasons of Life & Waiting.....


Ecclesiastes 3:1
There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under the heavens....

Have you ever had to wait for something and felt like you were going to pull your hair out if you had to wait much longer? I'm there now :/ What I thought was going to be a little while of waiting has turned into years! My husband has been "between jobs" on and off for about three years now. Even though it has been a difficult trial to endure, my character is daily being refined and I've learning a couple of things:

FAITH: Without faith, it is impossible to please God......In the waiting, I've had to completely let go and trust God knowing that my future is in His hands - not mine! I'm totally a control freak and this situation is completely out of my hands and drives me insane! It's a time of total surrender and even when circumstances look very bleak, I must wait for Him even when His timing doesn't match my expectations.

PERSEVERANCE: Those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength......Knowing that the Lord is in control of the length and intensity of this trial, I meekly endure and run the race set before me. Is it easy? A resounding no! There have been many time that I've wanted to throw in the towel and just when I thought I couldn't go any further, the Lord sends me a beautiful glimpse of His glory and helps to press on. Charles Stanley says, "The only way to receive the full benefits God has for us is to trust Him through the delay and wait patiently for Him to act on our behalf"

Have you heard the story of how gold has to be "tried" or refined by fire in order to purify it and make it valuable? I do believe that this time of waiting, even though painful and difficult, is only for my benefit and for the glory of God. There is a time and season for everything under the sun...... If you allow the Lord to transform your character during your waiting season, your character will not only be enriched, but you will also be equipped to serve Him more effectively - no matter the circumstance or trying situation in your life.

What is the Lord trying to teach you in your season of waiting?



Comments

Popular Posts