Abscess.....

Wow, it's been a long time since I last wrote!

So my son had a growth on his chest that started off pea size and only got bigger. I thought it was a lymph node that got a little swollen and then it would be ok. But this got bigger and bigger and I got concerned so we went to the dr.

Our pediatrician examined him carefully and decided we should go to the ER. Once there, they admitted him saying he had cellulitis. Cellulitis is a soft skin infection that can be deadly if it spreads to other parts of the body.

They kept him over the weekend (cause we went on a friday) and on Sunday they released us with oral antibiotics and told us to go back if things got worse. Needless to say, we ended up back in the ER and long story short, he had surgery to drain the abcess that had formed on his chest. Modern medicine is a blessing but at the same time it's frustrating because drs are "practicing" medicine. There's no absolutes sometimes.

I just wish they had found out it was an abcess at first and it would've saved us all that time at the hospital (8 days). :( Not fun. But God's hand was evident and I was thankful that it wasn't anything worse.

My son is ok from the abcess as we went on Monday to have the loop vessel removed from his chest.

My Herbal Home Health Care book states that the basic cause of all abscesses, tumors, cysts, etc., stems back to an impure bloodstream which has been fouled by improper food intake which causes poor action of liver and bowels, a faulty digestion, or disturbances in the lympthatic glands. This is generally responsible for the excess accumulation of impurities in the blood.

So with this in mind, I'm going to start my son on Burdock root which in essence purifies the blood. I'm also going to start him on Dr. Christopher's Lymphatic Formula which is used to kill infection and clear toxins from the lympth system. Dr. Christopher's Black ointment has also come in handy - it's an herbal ointment formula that is used on externally on old ulcers, tumors, boils, warts, skin cancers, hemorrhoids and burns.

Winter is almost upon us and on my next post I will write about some natural ways to build up the immune system without taking flu shots or prescription meds.

Adios! :)

Comments

Popular Posts